Home Ec Project #2 - Drawstring Gift Bag is now in the books. To be honest, I wasn't overly excited for this one...though the projects immediately following it were piquing my interest, so I figured in order to get to those, I had to plow through this one.
The main panel of the bag utilized some vintage fabric. I have no idea what it is, but it is super soft and smooth - and it resists ironing! No matter how much I ironed, it still maintained those stupid pleats down the middle. Grrr! Regardless of the wrinkles, though, I thought the floral pattern was quite striking.
The project was moving along smoothly until it came time to hand-stitch the "strong slit", in which the ribbon would flow through. The hand-stitching didn't worry me, because I do plenty of that on my Fuzzies, but somehow I really confused myself. I had no idea what to do with the ribbons to avoid stitching them, so I pushed them off to the sides, but then when it came time to feed them through the hole, there was a lot of tension. I didn't sew them, but I think I sewed them into the space between the channel and the strong slit and kinda pinned them there. The bag DOES close, but it's not happy when I do so. Oh well.
Today is Stephen's birthday, so we're going to go CELEBRATE! Woot!